Conditions for applying for the first part exam in the Jordanian Medical Council
The applicant has successfully completed at least the first year of the training program.
The completed form should be submitted to the Medical Secretariat one month prior to the examination date and no application will be considered unless all the required documents have been completed.
The identification papers include a report from the program director or the head of the department and a certificate from the director of the hospital proves that the applicant has completed his / her training for at least the first year and has passed the department's first-year examination successfully in that hospital.
The Scientific Committee shall issue the acceptance decision no later than three weeks before the start of the examination.
Doctors who passed Arab board (Part 1) exam are exempt from applying for the first part of the Jordanian board if the training period is in accordance with the requirements of the Jordanian Medical Council.
The first part is held twice a year, during February and August of each year.
The examination is in writing, exploring the content of basic science principles related to specialty and basic principles in the field of specialization.
1. Basic Principles Related to Specialty
2. Basic Principles of Clinical Science Related to Specialty
Jordanian Medical Council Signed an agreement with the Cultural Attaché of the Saudi Arabia Embassy.
The pass mark for the first part exam is at least (60%).
The trainee is allowed to take the first part of the exam after he has successfully completed his studies and trained for the first year of the training program.
The trainee will not be allowed to enter the second (final) exam until he has successfully passed the first part exam.
Conditions for applying for the second part of the Jordanian Medical Council certificate
- The trainee has successfully completed the study and training at the level of the last year of the training program.
- The applicant should Submit the completed form to the General Secretariat of the Jordanian Medical Council one month prior to the examination date and there will be no consideration of any application unless all the required documents have been completed.
- The required identification papers include a report from the program director or head of the department from the director of the hospital states that the applicant has successfully completed his / her training at the level of the last year and that he has passed the examination at the hospital for the last year level and recommends that he be allowed to enter the exam.
- The Scientific Committee shall issue the acceptance decision no later than three weeks before the date of the examination.
The second part is held twice a year, during the month of February and August.
The exam shall be held as follows:
1. Written examination in the content of advanced clinical sciences in the field of competence to practice specialization.
- Advanced Clinical Sciences Related to Specialty.
- Clinical Competence Related to Specialty
The written examination includes multiple-choice questions with one correct answer of not less than 100 questions per exam.
2. Clinical and oral examination as one unit.
- The clinical exam and the oral exam are only allowed for those who successfully passed the written exam from the second part and obtained an average of 60% or higher.
- The applicant is considered successful if he / she receives a 60% in oral, short and long exam in the clinical and oral examination. The examination period and the examination sections are determined by the relevant scientific committee and the Secretariat must be informed in writing of the distribution of the marks on the different parts of the exam.
- If the applicant succeeds in the written examination and fails the clinical and oral examination, the applicant is considered to be a complement.
- A qualified doctor is allowed to enter the Jordanian Medical Council (Part II) exam in the field of his specialty (four times) consecutively after having successfully passed the four years of training and obtained the first part of the Jordanian Medical Council certificate without specifying the duration. In which he is required to receive a one-year training in his / her specialty in a recognized hospital, and thereafter he / she is entitled to apply twice.
It is possible to redo this training program and to enter the exam two more times until he has completed a total of ten times. If he fails, then he will lose his right to enter the examination.
- If the doctor fails to pass the oral and clinical exam or if he fails to achieve a cumulative average of 60% or above, it will be considered a failure in the whole second part test.